Thursday 20 September 2012

From under the boughs...

A couple of blogs ago I wrote about my experimentation with various paints, undercoats and so forth using the miniatures from The Hobbit board game, by Reiner Knizia and from Fantasy Flight Games.  Since then my new Army Painter paints have arrived and I have begun to paint my Splintered Light minis.

Splintered Light is a company that produce various ranges of miniatures, from historical to fantasy, the ones I have at the moment are from a fantastic range of 20mm anthropomorphic warriors - the Woodland Warriors range.  The miniatures are of a nice quality, and I've been looking forward to painting them for some time.  For those who have been reading my irregular ramblings here you might recall I have been enjoying Song of Blades and Heroes a lot recently, and the Splintered Light minis, once painted up, will form the recruits from which my warbands for Song of Blades and Heroes will be drawn.

So far I've been very happy with my new Army Painter paints, my new brushes (also from Army Painter), and of course the minis from Splintered Light.  It's been a couple of nights, and I'm going slowly, but I'm enjoying the process of painting and basing these minis immensely.

So, here are some of what I've managed so far...

Already based and primed, ready to paint...

Base colours blocked in...

A wash, drybrush and a little highlighting done...

Beginning the base coat on the Hedgehog...

Highlighted, varnished and based, in a word: done...



And the next one waiting for his base to be completed:



And so, slowly, my warband is beginning to emerge from beneath the boughs of their woodland home...


Cheers,
Giles.



2 comments:

  1. Very nice indeed - you've made a lovely job of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alan! I was happy with how they came up!

    ReplyDelete