Saturday 8 October 2016

Kickwaiting...

At the start of the year I wrote up a series of goals I'd like to achieve, some of these I am close to attaining, some are as far from fulfilled as they were when I wrote them. One goal falls well and truly into the latter camp, in fact it falls through the latter camp, through the ground the latter camp is pitched on, and is steadily burrowing it's way toward the Earth's core. That goal was to get a percentage of my unplayed games played. There's still time of course, but it seems that many of the Kickstarters I have backed are marching toward fulfillment, and I am pretty sure I am going to end the year with more unplayed games than I began it with.

When I started writing this blog post (last week) I had four Kickstarter games that had not yet hit the Castle, a day later Heavy Gear Blitz arrived, and now I have three. With Tiny Epic Western in the mail, it should soon be two.


Heavy Gear Blitz has arrived, and I am hastily putting together some miniatures in anticipation of a learning game which I will write about once it takes place. The miniatures are great... but more on that later.


Tiny Epic Western, by Gamelyn Games, is the latest iteration of their 'Tiny Epic' series. I heard about this one n the On Board Games podcast. It sounded like a really solid little game with a fun theme, and was very well priced. I'm looking forward to getting it!




Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shadows of the Past board game, by IDW, is an adventure style game by Kevin Wilson. I've been a big fan of Kevin's games for some time, and my son (and the nostalgic young me) loves the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I am really looking forward to this, I think it will be a great game, it's packed with fantastic bits, and I think my son and I will have a lot of fun playing it.


The English translation of this French Role Playing Game just looks amazing. I have a real soft spot for prehistory, human evolution and mega-fauna, and the idea of a game set in the time when Neanderthals and Humans lived side-by-side and all these things are intertwined in the theme really tickles me. I love the art and the setting, and am very much excited by the prospect of getting it played. It may be some time off, but that doesn't matter, I have FATE Accelerated, Infinity and Star Trek Adventures to keep me occupied RPG wise in the mean time (and the challenge of organising a time to actually get an RPG in).






No comments:

Post a Comment