Tuesday 6 October 2015

The unpainted shame...

With my local Dystopian Wars  tournament looming at the end of this week (it's Tuesday as I type this), I have to face a certain realisation. While this realisation is something miniature gamers are usually all too familiar with, it's also a source of a certain amount of shame and ignominy. It's like having a birthmark on your face in the shape of a rare and amusing vegetable, or a rash that is obvious to anyone, but kind of uncomfortable to explain; yes Nanna, the rash is looking particularly lurid today. How did I get it? Ahem. 
So rather than hide it behind some facade, conceal it beneath a shallow powdered foundation, I had better confront it now. The fleet list I had created to play in this coming weekend's tournament? It's mostly unpainted (mostly here is an apt description, not mere exaggeration).
Now, I'm going to try and remedy this. I have Netflix to watch and painting to do. I'm not under any illusions that I will get it all done, or even most of it, but I will at least get more done. So the challenge is on... how much can I finish before the weekend? It will be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment